Yeah, we're ditching the scoop idea. Instead, we're going to use a grabber. The scoop turned out to be too finicky to pick up blocks and there was also some clearance issues. The original reason we didn't use a grabber was because there's only a quarter inch of clearance in the cryptoboxes when you've got a glyph in it.. We're getting around this by only grabbing part of the glyph.. After we put it in the cryptobox, we'll shove it so the part we were holding goes in. That way we don't have to put our grabber in the cryptobox while holding a glyph. It will also be easier to pick up two glyphs at once. I will let Benedict's eloquent (CAD) pictures explain the rest.
Ta-da! On another we're-making-progress note, Veronica and I are ditching Android Studio, which is what we were going to program in originally. Veronica is learning plain Java, and I'm learning Blocks. I'm really just learning Blocks as a backup plan, hopefully Veronica will be able to do the programming. Blocks is a ridiculously quick learn, I got a program running in half an hour or something like that. Admittedly, all it did was turn a motor, but still. It's also really fun!
I'm terribly sorry for not updating. There was no meeting the 29th of September, so no updating for that, but there was one last week. It was held at Benedict's and my house because Juan Diego was out of town. Benedict had found a problem with attaching the motors to the front wheels.
Last week he thought of a possible solution, but he hopes to not have to use it.
It's complicated, so I hope we can find a better solution. Benedict also attached the third wheel. He would have attached the fourth as well, but we forgot the last axle at Juan Diego's house.
Veronica and I worked on the balance stone. We cut out the the three small squares. It took a long time because we're slow at hand sawing, but we didn't want to use the power saw for cutting off something small like a centimeter. After that, I worked on the drilling while Veronica tried to put the mini-bot program on the phone. She ran into a problem because the opmode wasn't registered and it was also the wrong file type. I finished all the drilling on the small squares except for the big hole in the upper pylon. I couldn't find a place to drill for ages, and after I did the couldn't hold the wood down. The meeting was almost over at this point, so we cleaned up and ended the meeting.
We are the Droids, and we'll be keeping you updated on our progress.